Friday, January 18, 2013

Finding That "In Between"


So many people in today's society stereotype Christians as being boring, bland or stuck-up. Ecclesiastes   3: 13 says, "And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it [is] the gift of God." God wants us to have fun and enjoy the life He has given us. We don't have to conform the stereotype people give us. I know I have fun all the time with my friends. There's never a dull moment in the Toledo Cru family that's for sure. However, there comes a point where fun can become too much. For example, in today's society a lot of college students believe that the only way to have fun and experience college is getting drunk, having sex, etc. Yeah I agree that you can have fun that way, but it's definitely not the only way. After Cru we always plan something fun to do together. We play games, watch movies or go out eat, but being in fellowship with other believers is the most fun thing about it. I encourage you as you look for where's the most fun in college to consider if the fun you want to do is pleasing God. I know being a Christian there are a lot rules we need to try and obey and trust me no one is perfect and everyone sins, but God loves us and we should want to try and please Him. Like in John 3: 16 which says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." In my opinion that's enough to want to please God, don't you think? So, I really hope those who are reading this realize that God loves you and that we can have fun! I mean I'm sure God is fun and I sure can't wait to have fun with Him!

2 comments:

  1. You might consider writing a more detailed account of a Cru event...introduce readers to some other personalities in the group and give feel for what being part of it is like.

    Are there other blogs about college Christians' experiences? You mighty respond to an entry on one for another one of your posts.

    These are good starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you talked about fun and enjoying the college life without getting involved with drunk, sex and etc. however, if you can list at least one or two ways that you enjoy the life in college.

    ReplyDelete